Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Begining of May

Hello everyone, it's been a while since i posted an update so i thought i would let you know how things are going. I am still trying to learn more romanian. but it is a very slow and gradual process. The language barrier definitely gets in the way at times particularly with the projects they have given me to do. Almost all of my projects have to be in romanian so this makes things quite difficult, and at times halts me at a standstill where I can not go any further without the help of someone that speaks both english and romanian. many people speak both languages but are too busy with their own projects to help me with mine. So far i have made a flyer for the summer youth camp and helped design the flyer for the summer health camp aswell as nearly completing the advertisement videos for the health camp.

I wish everyone a blessed day and blessings throughout the month of May.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nick! It is so good to be in touch with you. I want you to know that I am praying for you that God will give you understanding of the Romanian (?sp) language so that you can do your assignments with less frustration. One thing that I do know is that there is not one obstacle that you can't overcome. Please read Psalm 34. Love & prayers, Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey honey,
    When i was in Ro, working at an orphanage, i got frustrated, because I'm not a linguist. Then i had a dream. In the dream i was eating an apple and when i had finished i could speak the language! the next day we had apples, a rare treat! so i thought, yay! now for the miracle! but after eating the apple i realised i still could not speak romanian. then i realised what God had been trying to tell me. I ate the apple one bite at a time. I must learn the language, one word at a time! and i did, well, a strange mixture of pigeon romanian, but enough to be understood and to understand!

    One word at a time babe!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete